Cats on Ladders and First-Person Learning Experiences: Ryan Derby-Talbot
Teacher Quality Standards
- QS I: Teachers demonstrate mastery of and pedagogical expertise in the content they teach.
- Element C: Teachers demonstrate knowledge of the content, central concepts, inquiry, appropriate evidence-based instructional practices, and specialized characteristics of the disciplines being taught.
- QS II: Teachers establish a safe, inclusive and respectful learning environment for a diverse population of students.
- Element B: Teachers demonstrate an awareness of, a commitment to, and a respect for multiple aspects of diversity, while working toward common goals as a community of learners.
- QS III: Teachers plan and deliver effective instruction and create an environment that facilitates learning for their students.
- Element D: Teachers establish and communicate high expectations and use processes to support the development of critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Element E: Teachers provide students with opportunities to work in teams and develop leadership.