Chapter 1. What is Performance-Based Learning and Assessment, and Why is it Important?
Teacher Quality Standards
- QS III: Teachers plan and deliver effective instruction and create an environment that facilitates learning for their students.
- Element B: Teachers use formal and informal methods to assess student learning, provide feedback, and use results to inform planning and instruction.
- Element D: Teachers establish and communicate high expectations and use processes to support the development of critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- QS I: Teachers demonstrate mastery of and pedagogical expertise in the content they teach.
- Element B: Teachers develop and implement lessons that connect to a variety of content areas/disciplines and emphasize literacy and mathematical practices.
- Element C: Teachers demonstrate knowledge of the content, central concepts, inquiry, appropriate evidence-based instructional practices, and specialized characteristics of the disciplines being taught.