Socratic Seminars Strategies for the Second Grade Classroom
Grade Level Ranges:
PK - Grade 2
Reading, Writing, and Communicating
Teacher Quality Standards
- QS I: Teachers demonstrate mastery of and pedagogical expertise in the content they teach.
- Element C: Teachers demonstrate knowledge of the content, central concepts, inquiry, appropriate evidence-based instructional practices, and specialized characteristics of the disciplines being taught.
- QS III: Teachers plan and deliver effective instruction and create an environment that facilitates learning for their students.
- Element D: Teachers establish and communicate high expectations and use processes to support the development of critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Element F: Teachers model and promote effective communication.